A Plein Air Event will be hosted by Listowel Visual Arts Week on Sunday June 24th from 10 am – 2 pm. The event is open to all interested artists who register and follow the procedures described in this Prospectus.
The heritage town of Listowel offers an abundance of opportunities for plein air painting, including the River Feale, colourful streetscapes and interesting architecture, Churches, Castle, Bridges, the beautiful Park and Garden of Europe.
Plein Air Workshops given by Jean Cauthen and Diane Pike on Friday 22nd June, precede the paint out for those who wish to learn more about Plein Air painting. Our purpose is to involve artists from beginners to professional Plein Air painters and to instill a passion for painting outdoors using many of the very picturesque sites in Lovely Listowel.
Pat McAuliffe Memorial Prize
1st Prize: €100
2nd Prize: €50
Cost of entry to the Paint Out is €15
- Sign In and canvas stamping will take place at Olive Stack Gallery from 9:00 – 10 am on Sunday June 24th.
- Artists will need their canvas or other painting surface stamped to be officially considered for submission to the competition.
- Artists will supply their own art materials, easels (if needed) paints, pencils, etc.
- Registered artists will go to the venues of their choice within the Open hours to paint Plain Air works on site
- Artists will be expected to maintain complete respect for the venues that have been generously made available for our painting pleasure.
- Upon the end of the Paint Out, artworks will be displayed on easels for a “wet” paint show and sale. Judging, prizes, award ceremony will follow.
- Only paintings, drawings and sketches executed, by the artist, during the Listowel Visual Arts Week Open Plein Air Event on June 24th will be accepted.
- LVAW reserves the right to exclude items deemed inappropriate or works not properly prepared for display. Exhibition: Sunday the “wet” show will be 4:00 pm in the Small Square along with the judges announcement and prize giving.
- Judge will select 1st & 2nd place and prize winners will be announced on the evening.
- Sales of Work: If you wish to make your work available for sale you may do so. LVAW Arts retains a 15% commission.
- LVAW will do everything possible to keep each piece of art safe. However, submission of an item to Plein Air Exhibit Event is at the artist’s own risk. It is suggested that an artist wanting protection, insure his or her own art (some homeowner’s policies may include protection and should be checked).
*Work left more than 30 days becomes the property of LVAW.
We reserve the right to photograph any work for publicity or promotional purposes only.